Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family History Humor

A Family History Poem with a little humor.

Suzy Lee Fell in Love

Suzy Lee fell in love --She planned to marry Joe.
She was so happy about it all, --she told her pappy so.
Pappy told her, "Suzie Gal, --you'll have to find another.
I'd just as soon yo maw don't know, --but Joe is yo half-brother."
So Suzie forgot about her Joe --and planned to marry Will.
But after telling pappy this, --he said, "There's trouble still.
You can't marry Will, my gal --and please don't tell yo mother,
cause Will and Joe and several MO --I know is yo half-brother."
But mama said, "Honey chile, --do what makes you happy.
Marry Will or marry Joe, --You ain't no kin to pappy!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! 😂😂 That’s why we need DNA. I know several people who have found out their “pappy wasn’t their pappy”.

clm said...

This poem was posted way before I became involved with genetic genealogy. I don't think that any of us realized in 2008 just how DNA would change how we approach family history research and how some of us would rethink some of our family relationships.
I can now verify almost all of my "paper" research with DNA. Excepting a few problem lines that the DNA does not support and they are probably problems because of long ago "secrets" that I have yet to figure out.:(
I just know from personal experience that DNA has helped to solve many more family history brickwalls and problems than it(DNA) has caused problems