Thursday, September 29, 2022

Baldwin Family Through the Years

Baldwin Family Through the Years

This post will show some of the photos of the Jess and Mabel Baldwin family that I have collected.  I have not been able to find a lot of early photos of the family, but will share what I have. Note: I have colorized the black and white photos. 

Jess and Mabel Baldwin Family 1928
Mountain Park, Oklahoma
Colorized

In the above photo, the Baldwin family was living in Mountain Park, Oklahoma.  Standing from left to right: Weldon, Joe, Jess, Esther (cute hat), Mabel, Sue, Ethel.


Baldwin Family 1947
Colorized
 Back row: Mabel and Jess; Front: Bev, Buck, Joan


Baldwin's 1952
Colorized
Back row L-R: Beverly 12 yrs, Jess, Glenda 16 yrs, Mabel, Esther Baldwin Neff
Front row L-R: Joyce Neff (sitting), Juanita holding Luke, Joan holding dog, Buck 7 yrs
Taken 1952 at the Baldwin Home on South Market Street, Cortez, Colorado.


Baldwin Girls 1953
Colorized 
Above photo was taken 1953 in California.  
The family was attending Weldon's funeral in Oxnard, California. 
Back row L-R: Juanita, Ester, Ethel, Sue
Front row L-R: Glenda, Bev, Joan, Verna
The below photo of Jess and Mabel was taken at the same time in 1953.  There should have been a photo taken of the Baldwin sons and probably one of the whole family, but I don't have those.  A photo showing the Baldwin sons is probably with the descendants of one of the sons.  And, since I don't have a photo of the Baldwin sons in 1953, I will add one of grandpa and his sons years later (shown at bottom of post). 
Jess and Mabel Baldwin 1953
Colorized


Baldwin Family 1967
Montrose, Colorado

The family gathered in Montrose, Colorado in the summer of 1967 to celebrate the 50th Wedding Anniversary for Jess and Mabel Baldwin.  All of the living children were in attendance.  
Back row L-R: Buck, Jack, Jess, Joe, Jesse
Front row L-R: Glenda, Verna, Beverly, Juanita, Mabel, Joan, Sue, Ethel, Esther

Below is a favorite photo of Grandpa Jess and his sons, Montrose, Colorado.  Mom took the photo with  her polaroid camera in about 1970.  I'm surprised the photo hasn't faded.   

Jess (squatting) and sons, L-R: Joe, Buck, Jack, Jesse 

When I think of Grandma & Grandpa's house, the family dinner always comes to mind.  Grandma was an excellent cook and every meal every day was a feast.  It didn't matter if it was breakfast, dinner, or supper, each meal had biscuits and gravy, along with all kinds of vegetables that Grandma grew in her garden.  Since they farmed, they had their own beef, pork, and chicken.  Grandpa would make his own lard for Grandma to use in making pie crusts.  Grandma's pies were the best!
Baldwin Family Dinner 1970

The picture below was taken the day of Grandpa's funeral.  Grandma is in the center and surrounded by her children and Grandpa's brother, Tom Baldwin (without hat).

Baldwin Family 1972

Baldwin Family Reunion, Arizona


Note, if the original photo was black and white, I have used the colorized version.  The original black and white photo may be in an earlier blog post.  If not, and you want a copy of the original black and white, please contact me.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over the years I've seen some of these pictures in black & white. Really like the colorized versions you posted. Is there an app or how do you change the black & white pictures to color?

clm said...

I use My Heritage In Color. I have an account with MyHeritage with my family tree and DNA. Once I upload the black and white photo I want colorized, I just click a button and it's colorized:) My Heritage also has tools to repair the photo in addition to colorizing them.

https://www.myheritage.com/incolor

Madelyn said...

Wow, super cool to see the family through the years! And how lucky we are to live in a time where we have the ability to take pictures and look back on them, most humans have not had that ability.