Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Relatives at RootsTech 2024

A few days ago, I received an email from FamilySearch.  According to the email, FamilySearch had found 66,245 cousins through Relatives at RootsTech 2024.  That's ten times more people than the population of the city I live in😲  I thought my 51 first cousins that I personally know were a lot, but 66,245 cousins might be a bit much.  I'd hate to plan the next reunion for that many cousins!!

Email from FamilySearch

When I clicked on the above "See Cousins" link in the email, I was taken to the FamilySearch webpage that stated 15,476 of my relatives had joined Relatives at RootsTech.  Although a much smaller amount, still way too many cousins to plan a reunion for.😞


After clicking on the "View Relatives" button above, I was taken to the RootsTech Relatives webpage. 


I can view my closest 300 (of 15,476 so far) relatives by 
Location, Ancestor, or Family Line.  By clicking on By Ancestor, a drop down list of all ancestors with matches can be found.  By clicking on the name of the ancestor, I can see the matches to that ancestor and their relationship to me.😊
  

The tab for searching By Family Line has a drop down menu listing parents and grandparents, and how many matches are related to each of those line.  My German paternal grandfather has has only 134 matches on his lines, whereas my paternal grandmother, with roots going back to Colonial America, has 10,120 matches on her lines.  Last year, I was able to open up a whole branch on my German lines with the help of Relatives at RootsTech.  

Relatives at RootsTech 2024 will only be available until March 31, 2024, then will be turned off until the next RootsTech.  Don't miss out on the cousin connections you could make.


Information about Relatives at RootsTech:

No comments: