Friday, July 14, 2023

My Grandmother Maymie

 Happy Birthday Maymie
July 14th 

Maymie Pearl Wilson Martin
1905-1993

Today, July 14th, is Maymie's Birthday.  Maymie Pearl Wilson was born in 1905 in the log home of her maternal grandparents, Martin and Nancy Hatfield.  They lived near the little town of Estelle, Oklahoma.  To read about her birth, click here.  

Maymie 1925 Dove Creek, CO

To see more photos and read a short autobiography written by Maymie, click here.  Recently while going through some of Maymie's old letters and cards, I found a newspaper clipping of a poem I had given to Maymie many years ago.  Even though the poem seems somewhat dated and a little old fashioned, the sentiment still holds true today. 



Additional posts about Maymie:


2 comments:

Bs Comments said...

I adore poetry, and felt so connected to that poem from the new paper article, reminds me of my own grandmother.

Rose said...

I love that poem! I love you grandma! Thanks for all you do! Grandmas are the best!!!