Thursday, December 21, 2023

Wintery Scene

Wintery Scene
Cortez, Colorado
Thursday, December 21, 1967


This old newspaper clipping was in my Grandmother Maymie's papers.  It was published 56 years ago today - December 21.  Not sure if there was a specific reason Maymie clipped the picture from the newspaper, but I can definitely remember that snowy December.❄️❄️❄️

It was 1967 and my family had just moved back to Cortez, Colorado from sunny Arizona.  In Arizona, I was used to driving on nice dry roads.  Not long after arriving in Cortez, this storm hit just before Christmas.  While trying to stop at a red light on main street, my car slid into the middle of the intersection.  The intersection can be seen in the background.  Thankfully I did not run into a pedestrian or a vehicle, and thankfully a car did not hit me. 

1 comment:

chase said...

those are some cool cars! the first time driving in the snow is always an adventure!