Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Riding Pigs

Did you ride Pigs as a child?

While I did not ride a pig as a child, I had family members who did when they were young.  Maybe that was all they had to play with? What is interesting is that I have found pictures from both paternal and maternal sides of my family of children riding pigs.😊

The first two cute photos are from my paternal side and were taken at Dove Creek, Colorado in about 1934.  Wilbur and LeRoy were playing cowboys(?) or maybe good guys against the bad guys. Whatever it was they were playing, it involved riding pigs🐖🐖.  In the first photo, Wilbur is riding the pig in the front and LeRoy appears to be chasing after him with his toy gun pointed right at Wilbur.  The pigs don't seem to be moving very fast (if at all) and the pigs don't seem bothered by the fact that little boys are riding on their backs.  The second photo is just of Wilbur riding a pig while shooting his toy gun in the air.

Wilbur and LeRoy Riding Pigs (colorized)

Wilbur Riding a Pig  (colorized)

Next is a photo from my maternal side.  It was taken around 4 years later in about 1938.  Verna is trying to get her baby doll to ride a pig🐖.  Pig looks like he is ready to take off and wants nothing to do with Verna or her doll.  Photo taken about 1938 at Summit Point, Utah.  

Verna and doll with pig

 


All of these photos have been colorized using MyHeritage In Color

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was cool because just last week I went to the rodeo and they had a pig racing contest with all the small children. -MM

Anonymous said...

I wish I was little enough to ride a pig. The photos look like a good, fun, free childhood.-mlm

Anonymous said...

Riding pigs sounds fun! I wish I could ride a pig.-CJM