Monday, November 24, 2008

Springfield, Ohio

In October, we had the opportunity to visit Ohio. In addition to visiting with a Leffel cousin who lives near Cleveland, we were able to travel down to Springfield, Clark County, Ohio. Clark County is where our great-grandfather, David Miller Leffel, grew up and most of our Leffel ancestors lived.

Below is a picture of an old post card showing what downtown Springfield would have looked like back in the day.

I spent an afternoon with our Leffel cousin doing research in the 'Heritage Center of Clark County' in Springfield. Below is a picture of the Heritage Center as it looks now. http://www.heritagecenter.us/index.cfm



We stayed in a hotel located on Leffel Lane.



One of our relatives wrote a history of early Clark County, that was published in the Springfield newspaper in 1887.  Here is a link to the post about the history:

Ancestors who lived in Springfield:

1 comment:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Thank you for sharing your postcards. I haven't found many sites that are using them - although I am new to genea-blogging.
I've been collecting postcards for awhile so I could use them as visuals with my family history. I've finally started pulling things together and I'm very pleased with how much it adds to my genealogy.
Evelyn in Montreal